FIND TRANS RESOURCES
As one of the largest transgender support groups on Facebook, we are often folks' first safe harbor online. We encounter a lot of people who don't know how to find the resources they need. As such, we've gathered this (growing) list of resources to get folks started. We also recommend folks check out our other Resources.
- Gender Dysphoria Adaptive Equipment Masterpost
- -- a masterpost of stores that sell things like breast forms, gaffs, binders, packers, and other gender accessible fashion.
- RAD Remedy and their related Facebook Page
-- dedicated to connecting trans, gender non-conforming, intersex, and queer folks to accurate, safe, respectful, and comprehensive care.
- Refuge Restroom Finder
-- a crowd sourced map of gender neutral and accessible restrooms.
- Trans Sistas of Color Project
-- a Detroit based organization dedicated to impacting the lives of trans women of color through education and employment
- Trans Tech Social Enterprises and their related Facebook Page
-- provides online and in-person workshops (Chicago) for those with a free membership, as well as access to their network of professionals.
conferences and events
- Master List of Trans and LGBTQ+ Conferences, hosted by TSER
- Gender Odyssey and their related Facebook Page
-- a conference where people of all genders can share their experiences and learn from the experiences of others.
- Philadelphia Trans Health Conference and their related Facebook Page
-- a conference regarding all aspects of transgender healthcare
- Additional Youth Camps to be found on our Youth Resources page.
direct action and funding
- Trans Assistance Project and their related Facebook Page
-- a permanent fund, replenished through donations and grants, that exists to finance legal/ID changes and healthcare for trans folks in need.
- Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund and their Facebook Page
-- committed to ending discrimination based upon gender identity and expression and to achieving equality for transgender people through public education, test-case litigation, direct legal services, community organizing and public policy efforts.
- Trans Justice Funding Project and their related Facebook Page
-- a community-led initiative supporting grassroots, trans justice groups run by and for trans people, because many local justice groups encounter barriers to traditional funding options.
- Trans Relief Project (TRP) and their related Facebook Page
-- to provide information and monetary assistance to US-based trans and GNC people looking for help with the administrative fees associated with obtaining US passports, name changes, and updating ID documents.
documents and data
- ID Documents Center hosted by NCTE
-- a one-stop hub for name and gender change information. Find out how to get a legal name change where you live and update your name/gender on state and federal IDs and records.
- Know Your Rights hosted by Lambda Legal
-- a legal guide for all kinds of LGBTQ+ folks, including an entire section for trans folks.
- Standards of Care for the Health of Transsexual, Transgender, and Gender Nonconforming People (PDF) hosted by WPATH
-- based on the best available science and expert professional consensus with a goal of providing clinical guidance for health professionals to assist transgender and gender nonconforming people with safe and effective pathways to achieving lasting personal comfort with their gendered selves, in order to maximize their overall health, psychological well-being, and self-fulfillment.
- Transgender Discrimination Survey hosted by NCTE & National LGBTQ Task Force
-- the first 360-degree picture of discrimination against transgender and gender non-conforming people in the U.S. and critical data points for policymakers, community activists and legal advocates to confront the appalling realities documented here and press the case for equity and justice.
- US Trans Survey hosted by NCTE & National LGBTQ Task Force
-- Nonbinary Data from the 2015 US Trans Survey, hosted by us!
-- With almost 28,000 respondents, the U.S. Transgender Survey (USTS) is the largest survey ever devoted to the lives and experiences of trans people.