As one of the largest transgender support groups on Facebook, we are often folks' first safe harbor online. We encounter a lot of people who don't know how to find the resources they need. As such, we've gathered this (growing) list of resources to get folks started. We also recommend folks check out our other Resources.
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) and their most recent Standards of Care for the Health of Transsexual, Transgender, and Gender Nonconforming People (PDF) specifically
-- based on the best available science and expert professional consensus with a goal of providing clinical guidance for health professionals to assist transgender and gender nonconforming people with safe and effective pathways to achieving lasting personal comfort with their gendered selves, in order to maximize their overall health, psychological well-being, and self-fulfillment.
- The Center of Excellence for Transgender Health and their Guidelines for the Primary and Gender-Affirming Care of Transgender and Gender Nonbinary People specifically.
-- Increasing access to comprehensive, effective, and affirming healthcare services for trans communities
- RAD Remedy and their related Facebook Page
-- dedicated to connecting trans, gender non-conforming, intersex, and queer folks to accurate, safe, respectful, and comprehensive care.
- Trans Assistance Project and their related Facebook Page
-- A permanent fund, replenished through donations and grants, that exists to finance legal/ID changes and healthcare for trans folks in need.
- Philadelphia Trans Health Conference and their related Facebook Page
-- a conference regarding all aspects of transgender healthcare
- T-FFED: Trans Folx Fighting Eating Disorders and their related Facebook Page
-- a collective of trans/gender diverse folx and allies who believe eating disorders in marginalized communities are social justice issues.
- OutshineNW and their related Facebook Page
-- promoting LGBTQ health and equity through education and advocacy.
- 5 Ways That Science Supports Feminism -- Not Gender Essentialism
- Bilaterally Gynandromorphic Chickens, and Why I’m Not ‘Scientifically’ Male
- Binding 101: Tips to Bind Your Chest Safely
- Binding Safely for Your Body: Tips for All Body Types and Sizes
- No, Female Trans Athletes Do Not Have Unfair Advantages
- Sex Redefined
- Women Aren’t the Only People Who Get Pregnant -- Here’s Why That Matters
informational facebook groups
- Birthing and Breast or Chestfeeding Trans People and Allies
- FFS Facial Feminization Surgery / Transgender TG TS
- FTM Meta and Phalloplasty Open Discussion
- FTM / NB / GNC Top Surgery
- Medicare and Other Health Insurance Transgender Surgery Information
- NonBinary Physical Transition Discussion
- Queer and Trans* Pregnancy and Parenting Group
- Transgender Transsexual Surgery Support Q&A
- WPATH Standards of Care 7